Sunday, June 14, 2009

It's been a big weekend!!

Saturday we headed to Walmart to pick up the materials to paint our little one's room. Gary spent a few hours painting while I stained the shelves we had in there. The room looks so great, Gary did a really great job!! Here are some of the before pics:



Gary worked about 4.5 hours, from the beginning prep to the end product, and it turned out even better than I had imagined. Somehow, the paint makes the room look so much bigger...maybe that's just my excitement that we painted that room because we're having a baby in just a few months! Insanity!!! We did move the desk we had in there to our room to make room for baby's things and it worked out really well. Here is the finished product:


We just cannot wait to get all our little one's furniture in there so it'll feel that much more real! Sometimes we'll just stare at this room in awe of what will be in there before we know it.

Today is extra awesome because Gary took me on a surprise date today. We got up around 8am and once he let the dogs out he came back and said for me to get dressed, that we're going somewhere. So, we went out to lunch and then decided, since we were in the area, to check out a few stores I've never been in to see if they had the perfect dress for our upcoming baby shower. Turns out they didn't have anything and Gary suggested we head over to Nashville, so we did and it proved a great idea! We found the perfect dress!! It's so pretty, it was the first dress I tried on and it was just exactly what I was looking for. I am so excited!!!! It's really becoming more real as time goes on. I can't believe we bought a dress for our BABY SHOWER! We are just beyond excited that our little one is coming. We cannot wait, although we will, baby!, to meet our little gift!!

1 comment:

Garrett and Jada Field said...

I love the color of the babes room! You guys have been very busy! Can't wait to see the finished product!