Sunday, June 7, 2009

Pass this tidbit around...

Why do people think they need to look at a pregnant woman in a "stealthy" fashion, and WHY do they think they succeed in doing it "stealthily"??
One of the things I've noticed is that people look at my pregnant belly almost as if it's a time-bomb, look too long and it'll explode! Maybe they are in awe that it is indeed summer and I am just fine being pregnant during these months, or maybe they love the thrill of the cat-n-mouse game? Whatever it is, I wish you would all pass along that this pregnant woman does not mind if people check out the bump. In fact, I enjoy it. I love that along with my adorable maternity clothes, the pre-pregnancy clothes that still fit, and my obvious satisfaction with being a child-bearer, I love that I can accessorize with a baby Gary and I love so much. I have the answer....pregnancy seems to be stereotyped as the 40 weeks a woman becomes a sweaty, hormonal, huge, beast of an individual. These are things that do not apply to me in any way. So, it's OK, acceptable, and maybe even encouraged to LOOK DIRECTLY AT THE BUMP.

No comments: