Wednesday, June 3, 2009

We have so much to catch-up on!

We have so much to catch up on!
First, let's talk first trimester. It was a beautiful thing. Not once did I throw up, although I did have my bouts with nausea. I would take naps like they were goin' out of style, and my belly would itch, but, I do have to say that I made it through without angering the pregnancy gods. I told Gary, "We should have done this so long ago!"
The first time I ever felt movement was 11 weeks. It sounds insanely early, but I know what I felt was something different than I had ever felt before. Gary and I had been sitting on the couch one night and I felt this solo, sure as can be thump, very, very low in my uterus. Fast forward to April 30th. This is the first time I felt consistent movement. I had just finished studying for a huge final I had the next day and was relaxing before bed. All of a sudden I felt what felt like popcorn popping in my low belly. It was an amazing feeling! Of course, I could not sleep that night...the night before my final...because baby decided to play with me some more as we laid in bed. I did, however, still ace my final, but more on that later... Now, baby is a mover and a shaker! Our little one loves to play with me. I can even see my belly move from the outside, which is just unbelievable! Gary even got to feel the baby for the first time this past Saturday. The look on his face was priceless; I'll never forget that.
There is one thing that stays on my mind: Our baby is an overachiever. At our first ultrasound, baby was measuring 2 days ahead, had a heartbeat of 163 and was progressing as expected. We had an ultrasound at 19 weeks and, now, baby is measuring 4 days ahead. Our doctor, whom we love, assures us it will all even out in the end, and I'm sure it will, but I hope our little overachiever has enough room in there! All that matters is that our baby is healthy, and baby sure is! Everything is measuring great, and we couldn't be happier.
We opted to not find out the sex. That was hard! The morning of our second ultrasound I was beside myself with excitement knowing that we are the proud parents of a little boy or a little girl. However, we decided to not find out and we are so happy with our decision. It'll be worth the wait! We can't wait to meet you, our little love bug!

No comments: