Sunday, August 2, 2009

30 weeks!


How far along? 30 weeks, measuring 30w 4d
Total weight gain/loss? Not a clue. Who the he!! wants to know that?!?! Anywho, I've eaten disgustingly well and worked out 4-5 days a week this entire pregnancy.....why torture myself over a number? I am no masochist.
Maternity clothes? Of course! Although, I do have some pre-pregnancy items that still fit :)
Sleep: Like a dead person.
Best moment of the week: Our little one decided to start playing this week! Before, our baby would do his/her little fetus thing in there, but, this week, when Gary started pushing on my belly baby would push back! It was too cute! Baby wanted to play! It made my heart swell (think when the Grinch's heart grew 3 times it's original size:) Wait, I'm not a Grinch...) watching Gary's face light up. It was adorable watching our first child and my husband together:)
Movement: ALL. THE. TIME......and I love it every single time!!
Food cravings: None. I really wanted the whole clich├ęd, middle of the night, ice cream and pickles cravings. Sadly, I have none of that. But, I do love me a turkey sub from Subway. That's something, right?!
Gender: Not a freakin' clue. But Gabby, also known as pregnancy-Nostradamus, says 'girl'. But, the 4 sub makers at Subway yesterday say 'boy'. Well, I guess they have a 50/50 shot!
Labor signs: Nada, thank goodness! Baby is to stay an inside baby until AT LEAST 37 weeks
Belly button in or out? Suprisingly, in. My belly button started becoming really shallow around the 6th month, but stopped progressing--which I don't really mind! Gary says he doesn't think it'll make it to an outie.
What I miss: Wearing my little clothes and feeling so cute! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE being pregnant, I just don't want to feel like I look like a Weeble-Wobble anymore. Gary, thankfully, assures me it's all boobs and belly that make me feel enormous-definitely not the rest of me, but it's easy to feel that way when you have a giant belly!
What I am looking forward to: Meeting our beautiful baby. Cannot wait! It's going to be an experience like noneother when we find out the sex of the baby and get to hold our little one for the first time! I also can't wait for labor. Am I a freak? Possibly. However, I've been reading this amazing book on breastfeeding and it reiterates how a woman's body was meant to do this; this is what women were built to do. So, of course, having Gary help me through this will more than suffice, but we're going in there armed to get through this with zero medical intervention. I will definitely pull upon my years of yoga, but we will also have 2 playlists in our LDR/private room (labor, delivery, recovery). One will be of yoga/meditation music and the other will be of comics like Bill Cosby, Brian Regan, Jim Gaffigan. In the words of Joe on Family Guy, "LET'S DO THIS!!"
Weekly Wisdom: Don't look for something you already think is there; Let what you see lead you..........I'm so friggin' deep
Milestones: Baby is measuring 17 inches (and I can attest to that!), and just over 3 lbs. Little one is scheduled to gain between 3 and 5 more lbs. The brain is growing into what we all know a brain to look like and is now taking over the job of regulating body temperature. This means our little one can shed the lanugo (soft body hair that has kept baby warm) and is very much looking like the baby we'll be meeting in a few weeks!

No comments: