Monday, August 17, 2009

Oh, Baby!

Today was our appointment for the nonstress test. I was taken to an exam room and strapped with fetal monitors that were plugged into a machine that printed out little one's heart rate. It would track the heart rate and whenever I felt movement I pressed a button.
Well, baby didn't pass the test. There wasn't enough movement for the doctor who was monitoring me to feel comfortable. Unfortunately, we had to get an ultrasound ;)
The ultrasound is called a BPP, biophysical profile, in this case. The tech measured little one all over. Baby passed this test with flying colors! Everything is measuring great, nothing to be worried about. Our little overachiever is measuring 1 week ahead, 4lbs 12 oz (slightly higher than average), and has a teeny bit of hair!!!! So adorable for us to see!!!
The only downside is that now I think I'm considered 'high risk'. That's no fun, especially since I feel awesome! The only exercise I'm allowed are light walks. I'm going crazy about that!! My workouts weren't just good for body but good for mind, also. Oh well, whatever works to keep little one as healthy as possible!
Dr. Crawford said that it may be a bit of overkill to bring me in twice a week for the remainder of the pregnancy, but that he'd rather be safe than sorry. We agree! All that matters is that our little one is doing well, my blood pressure was much lower than it had been (even with Jada in the hospital, getting ready to meet her little boy), and I'm feeling well!

There were a lot of things that happened today that pointed to a certain sex. Now, the only question we have is if we should confirm our beliefs at Thursday's appointment.....Hmmm, should we find out if we're Team Tampon or Team Peen???

No comments: