Monday, August 24, 2009

We lucked out today

...and got the douchetastic doctor at my OB. Since my primary OB is on maternity leave until the end of this month, I've been seeing other doctors/nurse practitioners on a rotating basis. The one we got today was nothing like the others we've been seeing. He talked about the awful possibilities of extremely high blood pressure (like 200/100...which I am nowhere near) and was lacking in the social skills department. The other doctors, including my AWESOME OB, are much more laid back and don't worry until there's something to worry about; much more our style. Here's hoping I don't end up with him delivering our little one! But, as a mama already, I know things are fine with our baby, despite this arse's attempts to screw with me.

On a better note, Baby L passed the NST today!!!!! YAY!! Our little one was so incredibly active yesterday that it worried me today would be a slow day and the douche-doctor (that is his full name) wouldn't see the movement he'd be looking for. But, we came armed.....Hershey's was our tool!!! It worked! Our little love muffin will still be monitored twice a week for the rest of the pregnancy, which is not that long at all, but it's nice to be able to show what we already know to be true, that our baby is just fine.

No comments: