Thursday, October 22, 2009

Mommyhood

So, I've been thinking about this thing called parenthood. Having a child is so different than what I thought it'd be; having a child is so much more fulfilling than I ever realized it could be.

I sat at the computer today, with Jake conked out on my chest, and just stared at him. I thought about how natural it feels to have him around, how natural it feels to care for him. How this little man is more comfortable on my chest (and his daddy's!) than anywhere else in the world, and I counted our blessings.

He looks at me like I am everything to him. I'll never get over those moments where I know he's telling me exactly how much he loves me just by looking at me. Those are the moments I will never forget.

Today, I was holding him and he decides to start playin' with me. He's making his faces and opening his mouth for kisses, and what am I doing? Trying not fall over in awe. I can't believe we created this little being, who is perfect in every way. I can't believe that he rounds out our happy little home so perfectly. We truly are so blessed.

No comments: