Thursday, November 12, 2009

My new swing


Our Big Boy in his new swing :) The motor kept burning out in the old swing, but we did keep it for a back-up.
He LOVES this swing! I admit, on the slowest setting it does look like it's going to launch our beautiful little boy, but he can't get enough...so, I guess our thoughts on the matter are pretty irrelevant!


He is so incredibly content in this swing; he sits/lays there and coos up a storm & loves looking at the mobile. Melts my heart to watch him in there. But, OK, hindsight is 20/20, yes? Well, in retrospect I SHOULD KEEP A CAMERA WITH ME AT ALL TIMES. I, honestly, have a problem. I am so enthralled with this little boy and all the ways he smiles, coos, watches the world around him that it never dawns on me to pick up a mother effin' camera and catch this stuff on film. I feel I should enter some sort of Photographers, or lack thereof, Anonymous group. I need to change!
Such is the story today: We went in for my 6 week postpartum check up (everything is super btw!). He was the picture of perfection in the waiting room; he was beyond friendly with the mosh pit of a nursing staff who flocked to our side when we arrived; he sat there & cooed and smiled while my OB & I chatted about making sure I will never utter the words "Irish Twins" as a description to my immediate situation...and all it did for me was make me fall in love with him more. Of course, there's nothing wrong with this. I will hold these beautiful memories with me forever, & those moments where I just stare at him, wondering what life used to be like, are made that much sweeter from knowing our special moments together...BUT, I want proof!! I want to be able to look through photo albums, when Jake is grown, & proudly point to a pic & say "there...that's it. This is what your smile looked like as you enjoyed your swing...and, YOUR MAMA GOT IT ON FILM"
But, OK, I get some sort of amnesty, right? I am a first time mom who is so in love with her son that she can't fathom doing anything but sitting and staring at him in all his glory. However, I am a determined mama. As I raise my clenched fist to the camera gods, I vow I will catch one of my little boy's numerous daily play times on film for immortality.

No comments: