Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Jake & his many talents!

Jake has grown by leaps & bounds just about every day. He loves to smile & give kisses. He REALLY loves sleep. Things we get to see on the daily basis. But, I'd have to say that my favorite aspect of our days together are our times in bed. There's always an hour a day we go upstairs, I lay him on the bed & I lay next to him, & we lay there and talk. He's learned to roll himself on his side, so he'll roll to the side I'm on, start talking like crazy, & keep that constant smile on his face. It's such an amazing time. Those are the times I'll be telling him about when he's older.

It gets even better when Daddy gets home. We all lay together & Jake mimics Gary's facial expressions. When we put our mouth into a we're-about-to-whistle form and say "OOOOO", he looks at our lips & does the same. Gary & I are just tickled to pieces! He amazes us every day.

Something he JUST did that ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS makes me smile, gives me that "mom pride" is when he laughs in his sleep. Right now, he's swinging away & he just let out a laugh & smiled.

I'm sure there's a million things I'm forgetting, but, for now, all I need to remember is that he is happy, & that's what makes his mama & daddy happy. And, the cherry on top...Gary will be home in about an hour & I get to love on both my men. They make my whole life.

No comments: