Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Jake's First Christmas!!

Jake's first Christmas was one to remember! Not only did he love seeing the flashing lights & music of many of his Christmas gifts, but he got to spend it with the love of his Grammy & uncles, and the long distance love of his Gramps! But, Gramps is proving to be of the persuasive type. Here, he's trying to sway our little man:
Hey, let's allow him to form his own opinions! ;)

It was nice to have a house-full of family on Christmas morning! I made monkey bread while my mom took Uncle Kevin to the airport. Ahh, the responsibilities of the college wrestler! Waiting for my mom to return from the airport resulted in a happening fit for Ripley's...for the first time since I've been alive, the gifts remained intact past the tender time of 5am! At least the rest of us were distracted by the 417th showing of 'A Christmas Story'.

My mom was gracious enough to take the bull by the horns and get Christmas dinner going. I was way too distracted with the wonder that is our little man's first Christmas. I would have just assumed order a pizza... while staring at Jake of course! But, I suppose seeing my mom in our kitchen could have resulted in worse photo ops:
Since I'll be turning the big 2-5 in a few weeks, am married, & have a child, I tell my mom that I feel like I should be going over stock options, & complaining about social security or something. I feel like I should feel older. But I don't. Instead, this is how I feel on the inside:I feel so blessed to have such great people surround my little family. Gary, Jake, & I have been looking forward to our first Christmas as a threesome since I found out I was pregnant. But, this Christmas was so much more than I could have hoped for. I can't believe that I took a picture in front of Jake's first Christmas tree.
(I wish I could have found a tree topper I loved, but none of the stores around here had one that dazzled me. I want a keepsake that will be around for as long as Jake can remember; something that means something to all of us. Suggestions? I didn't want to order online but it seems that's what I'll end up doing. But, I digress...)

It's all so surreal, but this is the best reality I could ever imagine:
And, at the end of one great day, the boy and I were spent

No comments: