Friday, January 8, 2010

A cause for celebration

As of today, it has been one month of Jake sleeping through the night!! I don't know what to do with myself! Of course, I could go to bed at 9, since that's when he's in his crib by, but I need a sec to hang with the hubs on the couch before I pass out...my boobies could use the vacation time.

I am so happy he's sleeping through the night because we both feel better during the day, that means he's progressing, and it means our routine is the little engine that could. BUT, some nights, I almost miss him. Every now and again, whether it's been an hour that he's been asleep in his crib, or 4 hours, he'll let out this little whine where Gary and I both hold our breath to see what his next move is. Basically, we're playing real life chess. But I've come to realize that there's always a part of me that hopes he wakes up so I could spend that extra time with him. I already feel him growing up. He's talking like crazy, sat up with minimal support the other night, is holding rattles....the whole nine.

At the end of the day, I'm grateful that the only reason I'm up before the sun now is because of the time change. Of course, some mornings I wake up and know that if I were thrown off a boat...I'd drown.

No comments: