Wednesday, January 20, 2010

POAS

For my pregnancy-discussion-board-lingo-impaired friends...yesterday, I peed on a stick

Yesterday, I realized I was five days late. Something inside me, and Gary, who I woke up at 3:30 in the a.m. to have this muy importante convo with, told me not to worry. But, I wasn't going to feel completely out of the woods until I saw a test say "No irish twins".

I've only had one period since Jake's been born, and I know breastfeeding messes with your "schedule", so I wasn't quite sure what I was in store for, but I knew one thing...I was taking a test.

After work, Gary had stopped and picked up a test. So, he hands it to me and I head upstairs to see what our future had in store for us. I saw the test line show up and then I saw the "negative" result.

It was unclear what I felt when I saw that. I felt a sense of relief because I don't want to put my body through that again so soon, but there was also that teeny, tiny part of me that knows how much I love being pregnant and how in love the three of us would be with another wee tot.

After I took the test, Gary said he was holding Jake, asking him "Are you going to have a little brother or sister?" :::melts:::

For now, we're staying a threesome <3

No comments: