Friday, March 12, 2010

The Baby Food Code

Well, I think I've done it...I cracked the baby-food-making code! With the help of a couple friends, I'm getting some really great tips on how to give Jake the most nutritious foods.

I have a rough idea of what foods I'm going to start with. I have a mental line up of Jake's first foods, outside rice cereal. We've got avocados, bananas, pears, potatoes, & green beans coming. I can't wait!

As with most money saving techniques, we have to spend a little up front to save over the long run, but, luckily, you don't have to wait that long to see the savings, ALWAYS a plus! I found a Baby Food Maker on Amazon -for much cheaper than I've seen in stores, some teeny baby food containers -to freeze when I make large batches, & a baby cookbook that has 100 different recipes for me to prepare for our little man. I can't wait to learn what his favorites are, but it's good to know that I know exactly what's going into his little belly. He'll have all his teenage years to eat brightly colored, death-in-a-bag snacks...let's start him off right!

As a side note, Jake was in his crib at 8:15 last night, woke up at 6:30 (!!!!!!!), ate, & has been asleep in his swing since 7:30! INSANITY! He must be growing or something. He's been napping for over 2 hours, when he slept 10 hours last night. These are the kinds of growth spurts I like!

No comments: