Thursday, April 22, 2010

Breastfeeding

I love it. I love spending that time with him. I love "using" my body the way God meant for it to be used. I love saving a buttload of cash. I love that it's the best thing I could ever do for him. I love that it feels like the most natural thing in the world.

All that being said....today, I feel like a milk faucet. I know it's just the way the day is set up~~a lazy day, the start of a long weekend (YAY!)~~that it feels like all I'm doing is using my lovely lady humps (can you read that & NOT think of Will Ferrel in Blades of Glory!?). Some days, it doesn't feel as convenient because I have to consider wardrobe & try to not make a spectacle of myself while prepping for a feeding.

:::Fun Factoid for when you're on Cash Cab: for each ounce of milk expressed (pumping or breastfeeding), you burn 25 calories!:::

I was watching this dinosaur of a show on Netflix, ThirtySomething, and this lady's baby was weaning herself from nursing. The lady was upset about it because that was the one thing her daughter could only get from her. It was a difficult transition for her. At first, I thought that that's just what happens, babies don't nurse forever, it's natural to stop. But, then I applied that to me & Jake. I can see a little bit of sadness when we stop. I'm going to keep breastfeeding until he's a year old, which seems like tomorrow!, but we still have some time left.

Part of me is tempted to keep pumping after the year is up so I can reap those breastfeeding benefits! Calories burned, big boobies, no monthly gifts!! (well...2 in a year and a half!!!!), giving my kid the immune system of a superhero ;).....who doesn't love that setup?!

But, rest assured, I'm not going to be the mom that breastfeeds a kid that can tie their shoes. I'm not one to judge, swearsies, but....
EW

1 comment:

My Army Brats and Me said...

It is so rewarding:) I loved it too. Between my three I was either pregnant or breastfeeding for 7 yrs in a row. ha! First visit here. Enter my giveaway:)