Thursday, April 22, 2010

Have you heard?

Jake Liam LaMay is a grown ass man!

No one adequately prepared me for the fact that wee babes are born, and then want the car keys the next day. (probably the same people who didn't inform me that Nutella is nectar from Heaven)

Jake's grammy & grandpa are coming out in a couple weeks. When we have people out, I tend to start looking at Jake from an outside perspective; look at each smile, each grasp of a hand, each cat-n-mouse game he plays like I'm seeing it for the first time, like the way our visitors will. I should not do this.

This little baby came into our lives on a Sunday. Our first meeting went like this


Now, he amazes me in ways I can barely fathom. He sits up, rolls over like it's goin' out of style, likes to read ('read' loosely translates to 'chew on'....but still likes to have books read to him!) those touch 'n feel books, laughs at funny faces, uses different tones of voice & facial expressions when telling us about his day and, my two favorites....he reaches his hands outward when he wants to go to me or Gary, and opens his mouth wide & leans in for kisses. How one kid can be so cute is beyond me!


Now, this is our little man, all like "yah, mama. I channel Hugh Hefner in how comfy I am in a robe"

I'm just so so proud of him! :::heart explodes:::

No comments: