Monday, April 19, 2010

Mama's & Papa's Days

First, I'd like to say that I find it a grave injustice that our first car payment is due 2 days after Mother's Day. My first official Mother's Day. Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot.

Technically, this is Gary's 2nd Father's Day. Last year, he received a Father's Day card from one sister and a "Happy (almost) Father's Day" email from another sister. I, of course, received nothing. This was totally fine, since my baby was still an inside baby, but I thought Gary's babe was still bakin', too. We are, after all, the ones who created little Jake, said fetus. I don't know, biology was never my strong suit...perhaps I am mistaken?!?

Either way, I'd LOVE for these days to be very special for us this year. Gary will be here for sure on Mother's Day, but Father's Day is not guaranteed; we don't have a set date for deployment, only that it's in June.

I was going over in my mind things I might be able to do for him, but none of them seem good enough. How do you thank the man that goes above & beyond for you? That gets up early to give you a 4 hour nap. That understands some days are hell on wheels. That knows some days I need to shower & look pretty. That thanks you & compliments you & gave you this amazing little creature.

Jury's still out....

No comments: