Monday, April 5, 2010

So, the Easter Bunny stopped by....

But forgot to give me a head's up...
The three of us had a great Easter! It wasn't a typical, ham-dinner with a ton of the fam Easter, but it was a great little one :)
But, the Easter bunny did sneak up on me. I thought it was the second weekend in April, so I wasn't able to order J's personalized, keepsake Easter basket; we settled for a mini basket that did just as well:
Little J-Bone's basket was filled with little chocolate eggs and mini Reese's peanut butter cups---the treat people with true taste indulge in!--, like I said, Easter snuck up on me! But, he did really enjoy his card:I had to make Gary a little basket, too :) I don't think you ever outgrow getting sweet little gifts on holidays like this! I was telling Gary how our kids will be getting Easter baskets until they leave the house, then I'll probably send them wherever they are! I think it's one of those things that'll make Jake say "Moooom, you're such a nerd!", but, inside, he's hoping I'll never stop. I won't, baby J!

Jake thought it was totally unfair for his daddy to get a chocolate bunny, so he took matters into his own hands:

They were both very grateful for such a fab wifey and mama ;)
Our FAVORITE part was next. Jake and Gary went for an Easter egg hunt around our casa. Jake would pick up the egg and put it in his basket!!!! I think he was just trying to make his mama into an Easter Sunday puddle on the floor:Doesn't he look like Daffy Duck in that one Looney Tunes episode about him and Bugs Bunny getting to Pismo Beach, but end up in the cave with all the treasure/jewels? "Mine, you understand? No no no...mine mine mine ::::evil laugh::::" It's in our Netflix queue, and Jake's FAVORITE cartoon, as of now, so I'm well versed in its dialogue :)

All in all a great day!! It's amazing to see our wee baby boy becoming more and more aware of things, showing likes/dislikes...it's all purty awesome. But, whatever we've done to make him look like this is something I'll never stop:
Happy Easter!

(((I have every intention of writing about J's first time with solids, and all the foods he's tried, but haven't gotten around to it. He has his 6 month check up today, 6 month pics tomorrow.....maybe I'll do it tonight when he's in bed....)))

No comments: