Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Christmas in May

My parents reallllly like to take care of us (YAY!). Every time they come out, they take us grocery shopping (my dad cleans the shelves of the commissary by putting everything in our cart!), out to eat, shopping for Jake, they'll fill up our tank....They want to help out as much as possible, and we're soo grateful! We should have had a baby years ago!

I'd like to share our bounty:First things first, they wanted to make sure Jake has what he needs. So, after a very tasty lunch at Longhorn Steakhouse, we headed to Babies R Us. I thought we'd just go over there & pick up a onesie or two, but my parents had different plans...

My dad was like a kid in a candy store! He gets a cart and, the next thing you know, he's Dale Earnhardt Jr. He's racing around, cutting off carts in his way, and totally hopped up on adrenaline. He's pointing at tons of different stuff he's seeing; little kiddie pools, teeny Toy Story foldout chairs, board shorts, a wetsuit....(which we picked up everything but the pool, since we didn't have anything to secure it to the Journey)

We head to the back of the store & my dad remembers me referring to our current stroller as the bane of my existence (No, that's not dramatic...). But, it had started making a comeback, so I didn't want them to spend money unnecessarily (of course, my mom's involved in all this & loving it, but, ya see, my dad's not the accountant, so cleaning out BRU's stock is a lot more fun for him!). I had been perusing Boppy covers when Gary comes up to me with a Baby Trend jogging stroller (I don't know how anyone gave it a less than awesome review!). Gary said "Whadduya think?" I said "but ol' Bessy is making a comeback..." I don't want to ruin anyone's fun. THEN, I pushed it. This is what we'd refer to as the turning point. I pushed that gloriously smooth, lightweight, compact when folded stroller and it was L-O-V-E at first push.
I wanted to fight it, but I couldn't. I hadn't done much, or any, research on jogging strollers, since I just use our elliptical at home~with Jake next to me in the jumperoo~but this one is so fabulous I can barely stand it. Yep, it ended up in our cart.

Next was the car seat. We got a Graco 3-in-1. I am in love with this, too! Technically, Jake can use it now, but I need his carrier from the other stroller for when he & I go shopping. He can sit up, and does a great job, but I think if he were sitting in the front of a cart I'd have to pay more attention to his sitting situation than getting anything done. But, this car seat is set up to be used until he can just put his hiney on the actual seat of the car, so we'll get plenty of use!

Oh yes, before I get to the pics of our loot, our Mei Tai carrier got here!!! I picked the colors/pattern I wanted from this amazing lady on Etsy (her seller name is Twirlybirdbaby...go buy something from her) & it was here, like, 2 days later! Jake loves it!

Without further ado...

He LOVES this stroller. He, literally, only moves his head when he's in it so he can look around. Otherwise, he just lays there, totally content!


on a side note....my poor baby's ears! :( Once he gets hair they won't look so sticky-outtie, but my poor little guy! He's still super handsome, though!!
The Mei Tai...uh-may-zing! It's so comfy on & a very natural fit to the body. Jake was soo relaxed





This headband came with the Mei Tai. I didn't order it, but it was a bonus gift! Can I just say that I kind of love it?! I don't know if I'd wear it anywhere, but it's still cute!


And, here's a couple shots of Jake with his grandparents. They kind of like each other:
Thanks for everything, madre y padre!

1 comment:

Erin said...

I love the pattern on the mei tei!!!! So cute!!!

Gotta love when grandparents come to visit :)