Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Pay It Forward

This past weekend was pretty rough. You can see from a couple posts back that the super-soon deployment hit us hard, & we were a little sad about it (or a lot. whichevs.) So, when the shower stopped working on Sunday, right before we had planned on going out, I wondered at exactly what time my aneurysm would strike.

Found out the shower couldn't be fixed until Monday, so I had all kinds of sexiness going on, & decided to check out the lives of people, whose heads had not imploded, on Facebook.

I had gotten an email on FB from someone I didn't know. She tells me she's loves our blog, that she's an avid reader of it, & proceeds to tell me some incredibly sweet things about the person she sees me as, given my writing style. It touched me in a way I can't describe. It's not too often, these days, that someone goes out of their way to tell a *stranger* such wonderful things. I read the email to Gary & we both let out that we-needed-that exhalation. We really did.

So, to sum up all Sesame-Street-like, you never really know what a profound affect words can have on someone. So (I'll leave you nameless since I'm not sure how you'd feel about that yet), my new friend in Seattle, thank you for such sweet words. They couldn't have come at a better time :)

No comments: