Friday, May 28, 2010

Weekend Update: Jake's Room

Hopefully, there's an SNL fan or two in the bunch...

I felt like showing some pics of Jake's room, since it's been ,a little bit, updated. Again, please share in a collective sigh in how painfully white the walls are, but that's what happens when you're a military family! You can read about my white wall ordeal, or just dive right in to see the few things we've added to his room!
I had been looking for a rug for Jake's room online & couldn't find anything that didn't cost an appendage or two. As luck would have it, Gary, Jake, & I were strolling the PX & came across this 6 x 9 rug for $35!!! Awesomesauce. Seriously.


That little trunk under his window was a surprise-find, too! Did an evening run to Target, saw this & fell in love! Plus, I imagine it'll be something to help Jake stand in the not-too-distant future...gotta love that!
Oh, & I must address the breathable bumpers: Can't remember if I had them in the linked post about his room, but I gave in & got 'em. NOT because I think there's any real danger of injury, but just so it wouldn't scare him in the middle of the night should he poke a hand or foot between the slats. We all need our sleep. But, I'm still trying to figure out the point of them. Whenever I pick him up from a nap, or get him in the morning, he just pulls 'em down anyway!

This part of the room is basically the same as last time; I just had to show that monkey decal again...I LOVE it! That little Toy Story chair is new, though, & something he loves! But, something I sorta-hate. He looks SO grown up when he sits in it, but, then, he redeems himself by chewing on the arm of the chair. Makes a mama feel better!


Along with the Toy Story chair, this pennant is courtesy of Jake's Grammy & Grandpa. We have to support the local baseball team!


& last, but definitely not least, the Army Brat frame. It's so sweet. If you click on it, it should enlarge & you can actually read it. I think it'll touch any military parent!


I know I'll keep adding to his room, slowly but surely, but just thought I'd share with y'all. &, can I just tell you how incredibly PUMPED I am that in just a few short weeks we'll be getting the pictures back from Jake's awesome photo shoot?? Better believe those will be in his room, too!

Have a great day, friends!

No comments: