I love to read blogs, especially when I know the people writing, because I can hear their voice and personality come through as I skim them. I love getting to know people on the real, rather than simply having small talk, although I do love this, too!
So, I came across this blog, via Alena's blog. I really enjoy her writing, and love her openness! Anyway, to celebrate her 100th post she posted 50 things her readers may not know about her. I had been thinking about doing that for a wee bit, and her blog refreshed that for me. So, here we go:
1) I played soccer for 12 years, including playing on a competitive club team
2) I have 9 piercings, 4 in each ear & my belly button
3) I have 3 younger brothers, which are equally badass, in vastly different ways
4) I have a BS in psychology
5) I married my high school sweetheart
6) I believe in God, and the power of prayer
7) I LOVE yoga
8) In elementary school, my dream was to be a cartoonist
9) I can do Mary Katherine Gallagher and Miss Swan impressions pretty spot on
10) I believe in love. I believe in loving someone with your whole heart and letting that love take you to incredible places....and how blessed I am to be living that
11) It is a pet peeve of mine when people write without punctuation. I shouldn't have to decipher your words!
12) When I was 10-11, I swore up and down I was going to be a college cheerleader. Then, I got to hit someone on the soccer field & trampled the idea of pom poms. Doubley true when I became a goalie
13) I was raised on good music; ACDC, Journey, Queen, Led Zeppelin, Metallica....
14) I'm a damn good cook
15) I'm Irish...since I know my fair skin DID NOT give it away
16) I've lived in 3 different states
17) My eyes switch back and forth between blue and green, sometimes a combo of both
18) I love stand-up comics. My favs include Brian Regan, Jim Gaffigan, Demetri Martin & Daniel Tosh
19) That said, I LOVE to laugh!
20) I won the 4th grade spelling bee & felt super cool when all the 6th grade girls were rooting for me when I was up on stage
21) I got a small tattoo on my left hip (between belly & thigh) in 2006, which I later added to to make it a pretty big tattoo, and I still love it
22) I have a small scar on my right cheek from when I scraped my face, as an infant, on my Marine dad's chevron
23) I don't embarrass easily, but, sometimes, my face turns red anyway
24) I loved being pregnant
25) I worked out until 30 weeks, when my OB told me to stop :(
26) I giggle at the word 'pecker'
27) My friend, Dawn, in high school dubbed my feet "Flintstone feet" because I have little toes
28) I lettered in track
29) I took 3 pregnancy tests to confirm the occupation of my uterus, and still have all of them
30) I have a long fuse, and give many, many chances before I snap, but fuck with my kid, or my husband, ONCE and we're gonna dance
31) I LOVE movie popcorn doused in butter
32) The first time I was called beautiful was by my boyfriend, who became my husband
33) I love to snowboard
34) I grew up in southern California
35) I ran a 5k in '08, and dominated
36) I've never smoked....anything
37) Sometimes, when I laugh really hard I snort
38) Gary just told me to put "I'm a lady in the street, but a freak in the bed" :::takesabow:::
39) I really like the Scream movies. I have no clue why, but I always watch them on Netflix!
40) I don't like to swear if I don't have to. But, when I have to, I LOVE it.
41) I am a major baseball fan & know more than most guys I hear talk about the sport
42) I tried moonshine at a BBQ for Gary's unit a few years back
43) I had an unplanned c/s to bring Jake into this world
44) I do not have a hatred for blow jobs, at. all.
45) Sports/activities I've taken part in: gymnastics, ballet, soccer, softball, kickboxing
46) I was CPR certified my junior year
47) We got pregnant the first cycle we tried
48) I don't believe in being passive-aggressive, or petty (redundant?)...I believe in laying the cards on the table and going from there
49) The first time I was on an airplane was when I was 18, going to see Gary graduate from basic training
50) "Well, I believe in the soul, the cock, the pussy, the small of a woman's back, the hanging curve ball, high fiber, good scotch, that the novels of Susan Sontag are self-indulgent, overrated crap. I believe Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone. I believe there ought to be a constitutional amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter. I believe in the sweet spot, soft-core pornography, opening your presents Christmas morning rather than Christmas Eve and I believe in long, slow, deep, soft, wet kisses that last three days. "
Like that one, Kev?