Thursday, June 3, 2010

I refuse to empty the dishwasher

...and, it's not like I expect Gary to do it. I don't think either of us should have to. Nor do I think a third party should come in and empty it.

I'm taking a stand against housework.

My daily goal is to have nothing to do. Seriously. I clean up after myself, and the other crap I find, so that I can have nothing on my to-do list (and because, ya know, I'm a big girl), and relax with nothing on my mind. Or, even go out with Jake when Gary's at work. Or get a workout in without doing a bazillion little things right before. Or, so the hub-a-lub and I can hang out on the couch & talk about our days when he comes home from work.

You may remember, not long ago my status on FB read like this ~ I have 2 goals, 1 is to stop missing my knee when I shave, and the other is fold laundry as soon as it's done in the dryer, not a week later.~

I've been able to reach those goals! Hallelujah. But, seriously, housework? You're a naggy whore. And, who likes a naggy whore? NO ONE.

Perhaps, I am transferring my feelings of hate and suppressed tears about Gary leaving onto housework? Well, it's either that or throw everything away that would need to be cleaned. Which would require shopping, which would delight me to no end...I think I'm onto something here...

Now, I'm going to attempt to blog about our uber-fun weekend and clean up nothing around me!

1 comment:

Michelle Murphy said...

sounds like transference to me :)
No seriously though having a to-do list gets old
I don't mind doing laundry but I never put it away. Clean stuff stays in the hamper and dirty stuff on the floor until I run out of clean.