Monday, June 28, 2010

Long time, no see!

Well, hello there, lovahs. Fancy meeting you here...

I can hardly believe that I have a deployed hubby and I haven't blogged in a bit over a week! Jake & I have been spending time with some of our favorite three-dimensionals, Guncle Kevin & Casey!

Unfortunately, they had to leave today, but the partay had to end sometime, right?! Can I just jump right in and show a couple pictures?I was getting ready, so that we could head over to Gigi's. Well, I notice Jake's door is shut, and all three of them are in there. Wondering what kind of secret pow-wow they're having, I knock and come in to find they were dressing Jake for me!!


My favorite part? That it was a 2 person operation!! :)


Jake looked adorable!

Anyway, we had such a great time!! Not only was it so nice to sit around and have "adult time" when Jake was in bed, it was nice to have them here period! Even if, as Casey and I got ready for a late-night run to Walmart, we got to see this
Yep...and adult sized onesie, complete with butt-flap! I have one just like it, but it's striped red and green, for Christmas. We were supposed to get a picture of us together with 'em on, but, apparently, no dice.

Ohhh, yessss. They were, indeed, introduced to the ecstasy that is a Gigi's cupcakeYep...we created our own sampler!! As Kevin & Casey said, eat until you hate yourself! ;)

((They were very impressed with Gigi's. However, Gigi? Please bear in mind that if I'd rather gouge my eyes out with a dull spoon than park in your parking lot, it is time for change))
Jake slept through the entire outing! :(


During their week-long visit, Jake also had his first batting practice!
first of many, my child, first of many

Jake LOVED hanging out with his Guncle!! He got to play in ways, maybe, his mama doesn't! But, I think moments like this also made Uncle Kevin melt....on the inside, ya know...


Before I forget, it has got to be noted, on our way to Buffalo Wild Wings, Kevin's eagle eye spotted a RED ROBIN!!!!! We ended up going there :) Soo good. But, the best part?


RED ROBIN NEXT TO A GIANT OLD NAVY


:::swoon:::

We had such a great time, it was sooo great to see Kevin, and to meet Casey (SLORE! ;)), but we had some pretty UH-MAY-ZING things happen during their visit! Jake started walking with help!! Before, he'd stand, and maneuver himself pretty well like that, and, if he wanted something further away, he'd bend at the waist and nearly do a face-plant!

He started out just pumping those feet any which way he could, just getting his sea legs! Then, he mastered those teeny tootsies and walks to and from people, still with help!! Soo intense!

Then, little Jake decided to make us all speechless, literally. We're sitting in the living room, right before Jake's bedtime routine, and he's staring at Casey, and sounds out "Casey". HE SOUNDS OUT "CASEY"!!!! All our jaws hit the floor, tears welled up in my eyes!!!! Needless to say, Casey was pumped!!! Then, he did it again when we got back from Gigi's. I was holding Jake, standing next to Casey, he looks at her and sounds out her name like fourteen more times!!! All looking right at her!!!!!

It was such a hard decision to decide if that was his first word or not! It was unmistakably "Casey" that he said, but I don't think it counts. He knew those "sounds" belonged to her, but I don't know that he was 100% sure of what he was saying. Ahh, h-e double hockey sticks...I'm back to not being sure!! This probably won't be logged in the baby book, but it was still absolutely incredible!!!!

We were sad to see them leave :( It was so sweet to have Kevin around, asking if he could do things for me (ya know, man things, like mowing the backyard and taking the trash can to the curb...), and so fun having girl talk with Casey at night (and messing with Kevin in his sleep!! :D ). It's too bad they have lives in Iowa to get back to! But, after seeing them off from the driveway, Jake was looking for them inside :)

Also, Kevin and Casey?
You're welcome back ANY TIME

and?

RESPECT

3 comments:

Erin said...

Looks like it was tons of fun!

77Cher said...

I'd count it as a first word for sure!

Mama Hen said...

I don't even know where to begin. It sounds like you had such a wonderful time! I love the pictures! There is nothing like family time! That is so cute with the finished dressed look! Adorable! The desserts look delicious!

Mama Hen