Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A year in review

Before Gary gets back (last minute stuff, ya know...), I wanted to look back at this last YEAR AND A HALF we've had together. That's unheard of. That's a TON of time together, by Army standards. And, for that, I am grateful.

Last night, after J was asleep, we had finished watching The Hangover and were talking before we headed to bed. We talked about how we know what's coming, but haven't fully grasped it. We know he's leaving, but haven't let ourselves go to *that place* where we feel that he's leaving. I hope that makes any sense.

Purgatory. That's it! We're in purgatory. We're just kind of waiting here; anxious to get this effing thing started, but dying to push it back to have a few more hours together. That probably sounds totally morbid, but, hey, listen, I just let out those sobs to him this morning, choking out "I don't want you to goooo", so it's totally justified. I've already decided :)

So, I wanted to look back at all this time we've had; all this time we've been blessed with. Things could definitely have been a lot worse :)

First, there was this...then this...
which culminated in the grand finale of this....with some time spent like this...before his first holiday, which looked like this...followed by our first Thanksgiving, which was celebrated like this...and, of course, our first Christmas went like this...which preceded the celebration of my January birthday with a sweet face like this...
then, there were lots of kisses for Valentines Day like this...
snuggles for Daddy's birthday like this...
and, fun trips to new restaurants like this....
enjoying baseball games from the best seat in the house (daddy's lap!) like this...
and, first trips to the zoo that looked like this...
We've had a great time together, making babies, then growing them, and it's time to do something we don't want to do, but are going to. It's going to be OK. We've been blessed with so much, how could we ask for more? Although, ya know how they say God only gives you as much as you can handle? Well, I must be the emotional equivalent of the Incredible Hulk because I'm having a super hard time right now (as is Gary), but I guess I must be able to handle it. We'll just have to dig deep and rally.

...but, tomorrow, when I come home with Jake and am NOWHERE near as optimistic, please remind me of all this happy crap...

also? While I'm gathering the pieces back up, there's an awesome & hysterically funny lady who will be coming to you as a guest poster to regale you with hilarity. I love her and so will you! :)

3 comments:

Erin said...

Such a sweet post! I am thinking you you!!!

Anonymous said...

I wish you all well. Known that you are loved and care about. My God keep the two of you safe as you are apart.

Alena said...

You know I'm here, with birthday projects to keep you busy and Netflix a'streamin'.

You will do it, because you have to. You don't have to like it, nobody ever does.

Hugs momma!