Tuesday, July 27, 2010

An anatomical love letter

Dearest Tatas,

If you don't mind, I'd be forever indebted should your new and improved selves stick around after I'm done breastfeeding. Your expansion is something I've, definitely, come to enjoy. Haven't we grown accustomed to one another? I've come to grips with the fact that I have layer just about every top, and some dresses, that I need to be much more guarded on how I handle myself in public; you've realized I'll take good care of you, and buy you pretty things.

We've been working hard together on this breastfeeding thing for 10 months. TEN WHOLE MONTHS. Don't give up on me now! We have 2 months of breastfeeding left. C'mon, we can do this. Just "pretend" I'm still doing it after the 2 months. I mean, who likes change anyway? I contend things stay the same in this region. Hey, it'll just be preparation for baby, & breastfeeding of, #2!! Win win!

I'm going to throw it out there and say, should you stick around, we should call ourselves The Dynamic Duo. 'Tis a good nickname, yes? I know, right after Jake was born, it took some time to get used to one another, but I think we've mastered our relationship. I have nothing but good things to say about you. You're reputation will be solidified in my eyes if you, simply, don't back out on me now.

We totally got this. We were meant for one another.

xxoo,
Samantha

6 comments:

Michelle Murphy said...

I wish mine would have stuck around too!

Daily Dose of Dahl said...

My only complaint about pregnancy? My boobs NEVER got bigger. No even a little. I have boob envy now. Sigh. But I'm also keeping my fingers crossed that your dynamic duo sticks around too :)

The Project Author said...

HA, HA, HAAAAA!!! Oh, girl I SOOOOOO love this...I think it just made my day! I may need to borrow this and feature you on Project Supermom. Can I?? While I was nursing, I couldn't believe how nice my girls were, then they just disappeared to the point that I can barely wear an A-cup. I can see the appeal in implants now, because it was nice to feel like Pamela Anderson but all real!!!

The Project Author said...

Ha, ha, haaaa!! I love this post! Can I feature you and it on Project Supermom...please?!! I had Pamela-Anderson-boobs, when I nursed...gorgeous! Post-nursing, I can barely fill out an A-cup and think there may be something to implants...I do miss being round and curvy up top! This was great!

Heather said...

I love this post and I will be re-sharing on my fan page!!! I wish my girls would have stuck around. That would have been great, but I didn't give them the talking to I probably should have...maybe they wouldn't have disappeared so quickly if I had!!

Would love for you to stop by and say hi :)

http://mommyonlyhastwohands.blogspot.com

Christian said...

LOVE THIS! TOO FUNNY!!!! :)