Monday, September 27, 2010

Jake Liam LaMay

Every child begins the world again....--Henry David Thoreau

At 1:47, on a Sunday afternoon, Jake Liam LaMay entered this world.

At 7lb 8.4oz, the first thing said about our newborn was "It's a boy!!", quickly followed by "Look at those dimples!!".

I looked up at Gary and, through my teary eyes, said "Congratulations".

Gary came down and kissed me right away, then took off like a flash to snap our baby boy's first pictures. I remember lying there, behind the screen, having the biggest grin on my face, too happy to cry. While rubbing my head, the anesthesiologist came down and whispered "I think he's happy it's a boy".

I laid there, knowing our lives had forever changed, knowing that the tiny life I created, with the man I love most in this world, was finally here.

A few minutes passed and Gary brought our little Jake over to meet me for the very first time. It was a quiet meeting. We stared directly into each other's eyes. I stroked his cheek with my finger.
The nurses had to take him, but our eyes were on each other the entire time, until the obstacles of the operating room separated us. Gary came down to me once again, we were holding hands, kisses me on the forehead and whispers "Babe, we have a son".

We kissed again. We hugged. We congratulated each other. We were in love, deeper with one another and with the newest member of our family.
Happy Birthday, Jake. We love you more than you'll ever know

2 comments:

Daily Dose of Dahl said...

so sweet! and he is such a cutie pie! Happy Birthday to Jake!

Amy said...

Happy Birthday, sweet little Jake!