Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Jake's FIRST Birthday Party!!

It was so so much fun!! Thank you to everyone who came out and shared a part of that special day!!

I don't even know where to begin! Jake's party was exactly what I wanted it to be. He got to meet people who anticipated his arrival for so long, and he loved it!

At first, he was kind of like Umm, not so much a fan of this being passed like a hot potato thing, but, he kind of just sank it into it and made rounds to, hopefully, everyone! That was the super hard part (which, to all mamas planning their babe's first birthday party, here are 2 pieces of advice: 1) it goes by in a flash! So stay very aware! 2) it's borderline impossible to have a meaningful conversation with everyone...so don't feel bad! Even though I did!)...especially since we had the party in another state, with people we rarely get to see. I wanted to sit down and thank people for coming, and have a nice little chat, & even make sure they got to hold Jake, but you get swept up in all the business of catching up with loved ones, that time flies by without even realizing it! I was reassured that people "get it", that people understand how a first birthday party goes, just know how appreciative we are that y'all came out!!

This party was exactly what I hoped it would be! It was a ton of people we love, hanging out, eating, chatting it up....just enjoying a nice Saturday afternoon. That's all this mama asked for :-)

Are you thinking "Just get to the pictures already!"

OK, OK...


We had to substitute a banner for balloons as the international symbol for party over herree!!
(Any Family Guy fans?!)


Our baby boy through his first year!



Yummers!!

Jake's first birthday cake!!

I love how these cupcakes turned out!






By far, my favorite decoration!

The Birthday Boy!!!!!

"The party don't start 'til I walk in"
I nearly peed myself when I personalized that! :-)


"Happy birthday to you..."!!
I LOVED that everyone was really into singing for him! It was such a big crowd and it made my heart explode that everyone sang for him <3

Traditional first bite!

...which ended up like this! And, why yes, that IS icing in his eyelashes.

Our baby boy had a great day! Thank you all so much!! <3

Oh. My. GAH. we almost have a toddler on our hands!!!

:::chants:::
I won't cry, I won't cry, I won't cry....

4 comments:

Amy said...

my goodness! I had no idea Jake turned ONE already! I am so stealing your picture idea for Maddy's Bday party in TWO WEEKS!

Wendy said...

I love the pictures! Do you mind if I borrow your year of pictures idea? Did you make the cake or cupcakes? They are just too cute!

Erin said...

I cannot get over the awesomeness of that onesie! Great job on the party, everything looks great!

SurprisedMama said...

Aww! I just found your site on Bloggy Moms and I'm so glad I did! This was so cute! He looks like he really enjoyed himself! My little guy will be turning 1 at the end of this month! Your post has me excited about finishing up our bday plans for him!