Sunday, September 26, 2010

One Year Ago

One year ago, I was 38 weeks pregnant.

One year ago, I had just given in and gotten the epidural, since I was contracting nonstop and not dilating.

One year ago, I was holding Gary's hand and quietly breathing through the pain.

One year ago, Gary was telling me just how proud he was of me.

One year ago, we didn't know if we awaited a son, or a daughter.

One year ago, my doctor respected every wish of having labor go/happen naturally, and only broke my water when the situation called for it.

One year ago, my favorite nurse was calling me "baby girl".

One year ago, Gary sat in the recliner, by my bedside, and we looked at one another like we've never looked at one another before, in awe of what was before us and humbled by the love that brought us to that moment.

One year ago, one little person was about to change our lives forever.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Awwww!!! Happy almost birthday, J!!