Thursday, October 28, 2010

I believe...

...that I will always, inadvertently, make pancakes bigger than the box suggests.

...too many people mistake optimism for naivete.

...the decision to use cloth diapers, and cloth wipes, was one of the smartest we ever made as parents, financially- and environmentally speaking.

...the images of welcome home ceremonies are what pulls me through some of the darkest days. The hardships of deployment, I'll forget. But, that welcome home ceremony will be the gift I keep with me forever.

...beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

...in paying it forward. Don't accept an amazing gift (material or otherwise) without sharing some of what the gift brought you with others.

...that the highchair is my own battle zone.

...the new Celtic cross I put up in our dining room (from Hobby Lobby...$12!!) is absolutely gorgeous, and gives me a feeling of peace.


...that taking nakey, and slutty fun lingerie, pictures for Gary was one of the most freeing things I've ever done. Not to mention, a self esteem booster! Now who am I to disappoint him by stopping?!?

...that sometimes the only way to learn the best way to do something is to do it the "wrong" way the first time.

...that it's OK, even necessary, to be proud of yourself.

...I drink entirely too much Diet Coke.

...in lifting someone else up; everyone should have their time, their moment in the limelight.

...that when my husband returns from this, third, deployment it'll be one of thee greatest blessings of my life.

...empathy isn't always a right fit, but compassion always is.

...even though we'll, most likely, never get another World Series out of them, I'll always be true blue.

...if there wasn't leftovers there wasn't enough food.

...that a day where we have a clean kitchen/straightened house before bedtime is logged as a 'Win'.

...in having gratitude. It might not always be a great day, but the fact that I have a roof over my head, food in the belly, a son who worships me, and a husband who would give his life for me are things that hold true, no matter what the day has brought. For those things, I am eternally grateful.



=


What do you believe in?

2 comments:

Daily Dose of Dahl said...

Love these!!!

Ethan & Clayden's mommy said...

I am so with you on drinking too much diet coke. You should start walking with me in the mornings. :) I love your cross that you got from Hobby Lobby. Every time I go in that store I get into so much trouble. lol. You should go to Kirkland's. :) Just saying. You write some awesome stuff!