Wednesday, October 27, 2010

One of the best compliments I've ever gotten.

A couple weeks ago, I went to a group playdate, and met a bunch of very sweet mamas. I especially hit it off with one of them, Casey. Don't you love when you first meet someone and you just hit it off?

Well, Casey's at the very end of her 3rd pregnancy. She needed help with one of her kiddos, which is where a very sweet compliment came my way.

She said she knew that our friendship was still new, but that she saw how I was with Jake and completely trusted me because of it.

I was just speechless. I mean, I am completely in love with Jake, and mamahood, but when a fellow mama sees that in you, and it inspires trust in you because of it, that's about as good as it gets!

I don't really think I'm doing anything out of the ordinary; surviving each day with a teeny love, just like millions of mamas around the world. But, it still rocks my socks that someone would actually put their child in my hands. I'm still beyond touched.

I told her I was a little nervous because, hello, two kids, one me! But, I know it'll be a fun time! Especially since I've never babysat because the tot's mama was in labor!

This will be great practice for when we add to our brood! Plus, since this weather has put me in serious baking/cooking mode, Jake won't have to stiff-arm me anymore; I'll have another little belly to fill!

Wish me luck, lovahs!

1 comment:

Missy said...

Casey is a sweetheart! Who wouldn't trust you to watch their kids? She should be having her sweet baby soon. She came by the other night waddling up to my front door. So precious. Oh how I miss being pregnant. NOT! lol. I am glad that people can confide in you and trust you. You are one of the few people I trust here.