Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I believe...

...no one should wear jeans that require a bikini wax.

...Darius Rucker is a welcome addition to country music.

...that the 'gingersnap' scent coming from our Scentsy warmer is perfection.


...that as much as I super hate deployment, it's shown me that I can go through all the things that worried me about going it "alone" (serious bout with teething, J getting sick for the first time, me sick without help, general loneliness...) and come out the other side. I've learned that I can roll with the punches, that I'm more patient than I realized, that my optimism if a force with which to be reckoned. And, most of all, I get to have that welcome home ceremony that makes everything worthwhile! I can't wait! Because of those things, I can't completely hate deployment.

...that buying that track suit from Old Navy was the smartest thing EVAH! This way, we can run to the post office to mail G some loot, right after breakfast, and still look, relatively, put together.

...that I have some of the greatest friends around! I will never be able to express my gratitude for your care and concern for me during this time. It means so, so much :-)

...in being creative. I know not everyone has the "creative bone", but it's really saved me some of these lonely nights. I plan to post pictures, after G gets his boxes, but I've made ornaments, a holiday centerpiece, and done two pretty large drawings for Jake's room. Keeps the noggin busy in a great way!

...I need to go shopping on Black Friday at least once in my lifetime!

...I should get a subscription to Sky Mall.

...it gets old with the people who always have to have a problem with something. Do you know someone like this? And, I mean, a clear distinction between passionate and someone just always out to prove a point & show how much they like to be "outspoken". Some days? Just clock out.

...I need to remember that taking 10 minutes to vent a frustration doesn't mean I'm negative, or that the day has beaten me. It means I'm human.

...in being productive. I feel like Super Mama when there aren't any dishes in the sink, or clean ones in the dishwasher, and no clothes in the dryer. I should actually have a cape made....

...you all should know: I've never had Green Bean Casserole.

...it's absolutely INSANE that in 2 months I'll be closer to 30 than 20!!! How the stuffing did this happen?? ((What has two thumbs and just successfully completed an aptly-timed Thanksgiving pun? THIS GIRL))

...you should also know: No one in this casa has ever watched Yo Gabba Gabba.

...there should be the holiday meal equivalent of maternity pants; I know you're having more mashed potatoes, and an extra slice of pie...tell me an elastic band doesn't sound like perfection!


What do you believe in this holiday season?


Hope you and yours have a great Thanksgiving!!



4 comments:

Jacquelyn said...

OMG for 2 reason!!!
1- Yo Gabba Gabba is a daily staple in this house, Ava is obsessed.
2- never had green bean casserole??? Wha Wha Wha??? SOOOO yummy!

Tatted Mom said...

Joey's turkey eating fat pants! I LOVE it!!

I agree so much with the venting=human and the feeling of being Super Mom. Now, I just need to go get the clothes outta my dryer for that...

No Yo Gabba Gabba here, either. =)

Hope you are feeling better!

Mama Hen said...

Thank you so much for your support about my mom. Your kind comments are really appreciated. The pants with the undies showing made me laugh. Come on! Little Chick does not like Yo Gabba Gabba. I am not a fan myself! I hope you and your family have a great Thanksgiving!

Mama Hen

Mama Hen said...

I hope you had a great Thanksgiving my friend! Have a good day!

Mama Hen