Monday, November 8, 2010

A moment in time.

Yesterday was so blissfully amazing I barely have words.

First, Jake got up the same time as usual, 7:30am, on daylight savings. Hollaa!!!

The plan for the day was to head into Nashville. It was one of those great days; ya know the days where you feel pretty, get to wear something that feels new just because you haven't worn it in a while, and get out the door by the time you want? That was our day! The only drag was that my arms aren't long like Gary's to get great shots of me feelin' well put together, and Jake being a doll. So, there's pics of just him. No wonder he's such a ham.

Once we got to Nashville, the plan was to eat at The Cheesecake Factory. But, after what was a really smooth drive, I should have known: no one was driving because they were all waiting to be seated at the restaurant.

Let's face it, I always park far because the wheels still feel new to me...it hasn't even hit its first birthday! So, after carrying Jake on our trek through the parking lot, and waiting to be seated, my arms couldn't handle it anymore. We headed a few doors down to Panera. Jake enjoyed a nice organic lunch, and I enjoyed watching him try organic chocolate milk for the first time. He spit it out. The boy's a little health nut! But, I loved watching him scarf his grilled cheese and yogurt.

Within the past few days, he's started waving intentionally. Here, I asked him to wave to daddy!

Afterward, we had a great trip to Trader Joe's. Seriously, I will never tire of that place. We picked up a few essentials, and Jake was just the life of the party; he was cracking everyone up by chewing on the mini pumpkin. Mini pumpkins...the new teether.

I just feel so grateful. I was looking at my kid, on a gorgeous fall day, having a small outing in Nashvegas because my hubby provides for us so well, feeling so blessed.


I could have worse company.

3 comments:

Erin said...

I am so glad you had an amazing day! You deserve it! PS. I love the new makeover!!

Minivan Mama said...

I heart Trader Joe's too! Sounds like a simply fantastic day!

Wendy said...

I love the new blog layout! So cute!

I'm so glad you had a great day with that cutie!
Next time I'm in Nashville, we should try to get together! I love shopping there. I've never been to Trader Joe's....