Monday, December 27, 2010

Our Christmas Story

So, we had a great Christmas, great food, great company....yadda yadda yadda. The real news is:

JAKE STARTED WALKING ON CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!

We had spent all day playing and eating (ohhh, the eating!!), and were just hanging out before one of my favorite people EVAR came over with her little fam' to eat with us. So, Jake and I are in the kitchen when I set him down to play with the cupboards so I can grab him a cookie. I kneel down to break him off a piece when he let's go and starts walking toward me!!!!!!!

:::dies:::


He had the biggest grin on his face!!! His arms were outstretched and he toddled toward me like Speedy Gonzalez!! I don't think I could have been more proud of him!!!! Naturally, I squealed, and hooted, and hollered, so loudly that I freaked him out and he did a bit of the lower-lip-quiver (sorry, buddy!), but then he realized I was celebrating him and jumped on board!!!

Before Jackie, and familia, got here, I spent the next little bit watching him anxiously-excitedly planning his next steps!!! He walked all over our bedroom <3

It was such a big moment. I wanted, so badly, to cry, but couldn't. I was too excited!!

Jake hadn't been a reluctant walker, or stubborn to the idea. His walking just matched his demeanor, relaxed and he'll-get-to-it-when-he-gets-to-it, but I knew he'd get around to it when he decided to. No worries. But, really?! Christmas day?!

BEST. PRESENT. EVER.

Hope you all had Merry Christmases!
Jakey boy with his Christmas Eve present!

Christmas 'jammies!

I could just eat him!

5 comments:

Teresa said...

Hooray! Way to go Jake!

He is such a darling. Love that grin.

Watch out now mom, he'll be zooming all over the place. He'll find spots in your house you didn't even know existed!

Congratulations, and I'm glad you had a wonderful Christmas.

Erin said...

SQUEEE! Best Christmas Present ever!!!!

Mama Hen said...

That is so much fun and a great Christmas present! You will always remember this one! I love the adorable pictures! I want to wish you a very happy New Year! May it be filled with love, great health and plenty of laughter! I am so happy for having met such a wonderful blogging friend. Happy New Year!

Mama Hen

Mama Hen said...

Just stopped by to say hello! I hope you are doing great! Have a good night!

Mama Hen

SoVeryDomestic said...

Best gift evar!! I was thrilled for you, I am thrilled for you. <3