Thursday, January 13, 2011

Baby Fever Fizzle

So, first I wasn't even close to wanting another baby.

Then, I ovulated each time I saw, heard about, smelled another baby.

Now? I'm in between.

I was thinking about it and, I realized when Gary comes home there's not a whole lot to figure out. Jake is finally down to one nap a day, completely weaned, solid sleeping hours (and, because I said that, I'm sure I'm in for a night of h-e double hockey sticks), eats well, handles himself well...

It's just all figured out. It'll be so amazing to just be when hubs gets home. So that kinda offed my crazy desire for babies. To watch my hubby and my boy together? That image gives me big, huge butterflies. Like, whoa.

I think I mentioned in the linked-posts up there that even if hubby were home, we wouldn't have been trying to knock me up. Especially since, if we got pregnant when my baby fever first rolled into town, I'd be doing most of my baby-bakin' during the cold months and there's no effing way I'm doing that. I have a big, puffy heart for being pregnant in the Summer, like I was with little J-Bone. But, my fever was still there in a I-can't-wait-to-have-more-babies-with-you-even-though-they're-off-in-our-future kind of way.

Now, I simply have the warm-fuzzies for the fact that we will grow our family, but completely understand it'll grow in time. The idea of procreating with that incredible man o' mine is bliss.

Side Bar---Is it weird that I thought about how sought-after my ute' would have been in medieval ages? Ya know, from the whole producing a firstborn male heir thing? These are the kinds of things I think about.

I guess I'm just in no rush. Not that this decision is solely up to me; hubby and I are on the same page, per the uje. Plus, I can't lie and say I don't have names (including middles) picked out for a boy and a girl, but they'll be put to use. At least one of them anyway.

Oh yeah, so my youngest brother tells me one day "Sam, you can't only have two kids; that'll be so boring" Naturally, my response had to be "Squeeze one out of your vagina, then we'll talk"

But, I still don't want to be "boring". Because, ugh.


And, it is completely unimportant that Jake didn't come out of the shoot anyway.

Did I just stumble across the future sex talk basis for our kids??

I think yes.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

You must think I'm insane for not even thinking about having another! Preggie Wendy = lots of misery!

Minivan Mama said...

Have to admit, that boat has sailed for me. Three is enough, unless I adopt then maybe three more...who knows!

Loved dreaming about my future babies a few years ago. Such a special time in a woman's life!