Friday, January 21, 2011

Let's walk for babies!

While thinking about heading to another 5K around town, I stumbled across the March of Dimes and saw that they have a Tennessee chapter.

The March of Dimes is an organization working toward better health for pregnant women, and babies. Something like this may not have struck a chord with me just a few years ago, but once you become a mama you have a heart for babies everywhere.

I am so, so grateful for the health of our little nugget, but such is not always the case. I hope that you'll consider heading on over to a team page I created and making a donation, and walking with us! I know a lot of people on Facebook mentioned they were interested, so let's do it!

Until I read otherwise (or anyone has intel I don't!), Jake will be at the event with me, so feel free to bring kiddos! My intention is to bring the jogger, and have him enjoy the two mile walk, but I can always wear him in the mei-tai wrap if need be. Either way, I won't let much keep us from walking!

I set the team (go join!) goal to raise $250. I figure that was feasible if enough people join! But, if we can get more money that'd be great!

Hope to see you there!

2 comments:

Mama Hen said...

This is super my friend! I am starting to prepare for a marathon myself. I have very bad knees and I am not sure if I will be able to. Good for you. It is an excellent cause. It is late, but I would love to donate next week if I can. Have a great night!

Mama Hen

Mama Hen said...

I just donated to your team my friend. Good luck! This is a great cause! Have a good night!

Mama Hen