Friday, January 14, 2011

Thankful Thursday....on a Friday.

With all this completely freezing weather we're having, I couldn't be more thankful for the roof over our heads.

Even though responsibility isn't always the joy of life (sarcasm), I'm so thankful I have things for which, and people for whom, to be responsible.

We may go from talking every second of every day to a "g'mornin'" and a "g'night" but, I'm so thankful for solid friendships.

Although they were, sometimes, hard to come across, I'm so thankful we've made decisions that have enabled Gary to be the breadwinner, and myself to be a stay at home mama.

I don't always show the immensity of gratitude I should but, I'm so thankful to God for all my blessings.

I am very, very thankful that we are over halfway done with this deployment.

I can't even, and maybe will never be able to, fathom its depths but, I am so, so thankful for the deep, unwavering, one-of-a-kind love I get to share with a good man.

I'm thankful for a visit from one of our very favorite cousins, and her daughter, this weekend, and for the chance to show them a good time.

Whether it be because of needing consolation, sleep, or intimacy, I'm so thankful for little baby hugs, where an amazing little boy's arm wraps around my shoulder and his head fits into the groove of my neck.


Have a great weekend :-)

3 comments:

Wendy said...

You are so blessed to realize that you have a great life. So many people go through life pessimistic and forget to see the things that are going right!

Mama Hen said...

There is so much to be thankful for. We had no heat the other day and it was freezing! I was shivering all night! I thought about people who are outside in weather like that! It is something we all do not think of sometimes, but to reflect can really open our eyes to how blessed we are. I hope you are doing great!

Mama Hen

Mama Hen said...

Are you in my Nestwork? I would love to feature you, but you have to be in the Nest. Let me know if you would like to be featured my friend. Have a great night!

Mama Hen