Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A day in the life...

Although I'm sure you guys totally understood my last post, since you're all uber rad, I want to make sure I didn't send the wrong message by typing out a Gripe-fest and than not posting anything the next day; probably made it seem like I put myself on a timeout for a breakdown! :-) Not so much! Just been wrapped up in appointments and rolling around on the floor with our wee lad!

We went to a baby shower this past weekend that my chick-date, Casey, threw for a sweet, first-time mama! I've never been to a baby shower since having Jake and it was a totally different experience. I told her little gems that I hope will help her a ton. Can't believe I have this "expertise"! I should be used to being a mama after almost 17 months into it, but I'm still in awe of it!

Then, last night was chick-date night. Casey comes over and brings her infant. I SWEAR, that adorable little babe enters the room and I ovulate. I swear. She's presh. If someone would have told me years ago that seeing babies would give me butterflies I would never have believed them!

&, finally, there are some new additions to our homestead:

First, my new phone got here! I'm still figuring it out, but I hear there's some games like Words with Friends and Angry Birds that are a must?

Due to some guidance from a few lovies, I have Skype, yahoo IM, FB, and a password keeper downloaded from the app store. Any others?! I'm not terribly technologically-gifted, so I'm all ears!


And, I am uber excited about these!!! My new stockpots! Well, I've never had stockpots before, but they're new to me! Is anyone else as in love with stainless steel kitchen gadgets as I am??

Thanks to those gorge stockpots, I canned for the first time!!! Apple Butter? Nectar from Heaven!! I was worried that I took the jars out of the stockpots too early and the lids wouldn't be secure, but they are! I'm so proud of them!!! Soo, soo, soooooo good!!!


And, last but certainly not least...our baby. I'm pretty much in love with the little tyke! He's so fun!!

FINALLY! A cardboard Spongebob book! Every time we went out I couldn't find any. So, Sam's Club ftw. Plus, he gets to learn all about Valentines Day! haha :-)

2 comments:

Mama Hen said...

I know what you mean about ovulating when you see a baby. It is amazing how much we learn so quickly when we become moms. Your phone looks like it has a lot! Enjoy it! I hope you are doing great my friend! have a good night!

Mama Hen

Wendy said...

Finally! There's a pic of that gorgeous child of yours! I love his cheeks, by the way!

I'm going to try the apple butter recipe soon. I just can't stand it!!!