Thursday, February 3, 2011

I believe...

...you're always exactly where you're meant to be.

...being able to almost see Jake's cognitive growth is one aspect of parenting I'll never forget.

...my good friend, Jackie, introducing me to the term "amazeballs" is a bad, bad thing when I have a toddler absorbing all things around him! Because I think it's hilarious, and it totally fits, I said, out loud, that the pumpkin roll I just baked smelled "amazeballs". Then? Immediately looked at Jake, making sure he wasn't mouthing, what I'm sure will be, the latest adjective to be added to Merriam-Webster's :-D

...in dancing around your room in your undies, before you get dressed of course :-)

...one of the dumbest questions ever asked is by the waitress who says "Coke or Pepsi?" Coke. Always Coke.

...it is a sheer injustice that we (because this is a joint effort) go through teething, yet, in a few years, they all fall out. Lame, if you ask me!

...if you have a problem with something but aren't willing to do the work to change it, you don't really have a problem with something. There's a couple we know that does nothing but point the finger to others, instead of trying to figure out their role in whatever bothers them. It's amazing what you can accomplish once you stop playing the victim. I know this doesn't really affect us, because we're a happy wee family, & they're only hurting themselves, but just thinking out loud :-)

...there should be at least one moment every day where you reflect on your blessings. I'm really trying to remember to do this because the feelings that come from doing something like this are really wonderful! We've all got something for which to be thankful :-)

...the best thing about being a parent (ok...maybe not thee best) is that while Jake is eating his homemade pancakes with homemade applesauce, or organic eggs with a bowl of fruit for breakfast, I get to have a Diet Coke and small bag of Cheddar and Sour Cream Ruffles. Muahahahaha :-D

...seeing the blinking traffic sign telling applicable families where to go for their soldier's welcome home ceremony is soo encouraging. I got teary-eyed every time I saw it!

...Colorado holds all kinds of great adventures for us!

What do you believe in?
Happy Thursday!!




2 comments:

Minivan Mama said...

I've never thought about it before but that IS totally lame!

SoVeryDomestic said...

I believe that you will love Colorado and snow and snowmen and forts and homemade hot chocolate. Wait. You already do homemade hot chocolate! ;)