Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Transition.

Having Gary home is nothing short of unbelievable. I missed seeing my giant husband walking around our humble abode! However, there are some transitions going on....

First, I'm constantly trying to give Gary food on Jake's plates. Ya know, the ones with dividers, or pictures of dinosaurs, or dump trucks? Yep.

Ooh, and he LOVES the apple butter I canned a couple months back so he's been having sandwiches for lunch. I may, or may not, have tried to cut his sandwiches into tiny squares, like I do for a wee boy that roams our casa.

Woops
.

But, ok, once you're a mama, you're always a mama, right?!

My favorite transition? Instead of dreaming that one day I'll see my hubster shirtless again, I GET TO SEE IT ALL THE TIME.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

But, on the real, I think it was the second night he was home, I made this fab' dinner and, we looked at each other from across the table, we almost felt a countdown. We got to shake that crappy cloud from our minds and celebrate that he isn't leaving in two weeks! This ISN'T leave! This is the real deal!

Happiness: This is NOT a drill!!

Oh, and I can't leave out the little man! He's wayy too excited. Way! He's constantly running around this house, looking for his dada! He even waits outside the bathroom door while he's showering!

And, I could not be more grateful that I get to get back in a gym. If I had to pull out the yoga dvd's, or watch Netflix while on the elliptical one more time, I was going to go ape sauce ;-)

It's amazing how quickly things get back to our blessed normal, though! I know we're no stranger to deployments, but it's definitely nice to feel that feeling of fitting like a puzzle again <3

1 comment:

Daily Dose of Dahl said...

So very, very happy for all of you!