Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The old lady dissed me on girls' day.

She wasn't feeling the estrogen-love, I suppose.

Amy, Annaleigh, and I had another girls' day this past Sunday because Amy is being lame, and not at all making me jealous--nope, and leaving Army life. Her husband's contract is officially dunzo. So, before she leaves us, and never again gets to dazzle me with her ballet-inspired moves during zumba, we had to give her a proper sending-off.

Girls' day commenced with Buffalo Wild Wings. Obviously, amiright?!

Coincidentally, there were also a lot of bro dates goin' on. Ya know, a couple bromances.

But, that's neither here nor there.

After leaving BWW short a few hundred wings, we went over to the mall to see the The Help. (Ummm, bom dot com movie! Does everyone else adore Emma Stone in the same fashion as myself? She's a spunky ginger and I enjoy her. Apparently so does Jim Carrey? Anywho, LOVE!). Did it matter that we left a restaurant and I instantly considered getting popcorn? No. Don't judge. I just know a good thing when I see it.

The theater was only mildly packed. No sardine status that day. But, get this: These three old ladies came to sit next to us (not to sound rude, but, once you hit a certain age, do you have to, like, use a certain lotion or perfume or something?!), myself being on the end. The first of the grandma-trio heads to the seat right next to me, looks at me, and switches with one of the other ladies.

Samantha: Bringing people together since 1985.

And, I double appreciate Amy and Annaleigh finding such humor in getting punked by a grandma. Just outstanding.

I picked my ego up off the floor and continued great talks about how boobs get you out of tickets.

This really has been a PSA.


Amy, it's been great getting to know you over the last few months! You're faboosh! Plus, we totally laugh at the same things. So, you, clearly, have amazing taste. You will be missed! Best wishes!!


1 comment:

Daily Dose of Dahl said...

Eh, she was just jealous of your over-all fabulous-ness.

I went to see that movie this week - laughed until I cried and then cried some more. The book is even better than the movie. And I'm with you and Jimbo on Emma Stone. I want to see Crazy Stupid Love too, mostly because she's in it.