Friday, August 19, 2011

Triple Eff.

Happy Friday, Friends! Time for some Triple Eff!

I'm not as big of a fan of alliteration as those opening sentences may have portrayed.

Anywho!

I know I mentioned that it's nice to get out of the house when Gary's doing this schooling million-hours-a-day crap, but want to know what else is nice? Wearing my glasses rather than contacts--and realizing that maybe I don't look as bad in my glasses as I always think I do!, not wearing make-up and watching how happy my skin is about that, giving my hair a break from its usual torture, and not living by the clock. Oh man, I gotta clarify what I said...I reallllly hope I didn't give the impression I'm a frumpy-heap of a wife that Gary is subject to seeing! I still pull myself together, but in different, and glorious, ways. Either way, Gary's the sweetest husband on the planet; always, from the bottom of his heart, reminding me he thinks I'm beautiful...even when I don't bust out the MAC :-) He's amazing <3

That whole shpeel was supposed to get at the fact that I don't have many pictures of myself dressed in real clothes. We're all more interested in the food anyway, right?!


I guess I just can't step away from the Grecian theme I had for the ball. Well, people told me this top reminds them of the Greeks, anyway! I love it either way!

At least it's not blue!

Shit---->

Not a freakin' clue why I look lopsided in this picture. But, hey, it's still a maxi dress and, most importantly, can we take a moment to note that I do indeed have clean mirrors most of the time?! Respect!

Just an FYI: I've been taking pics from about halfway up because the boy is almost always in our room with me while I'm getting dressed, talking to himself in our full-length mirror (aka being adorable) so it'd be pointless to try to get a full-body shot because the boy the won't be moving from his spot! Eh, I'd rather watch him do his thing anyway <3

Food!

Personally, I think this pic of my completely-from-scratch sweet potato pie looks like a crap salad. Doesn't appeal to me at all. From this picture, that is. I tasted that bad boy and it was all kinds of supa-fabulous. And, not that I'm tooting my own horn...I just think I find amazeball recipes!

See that crust ring in the back? You use that to ensure your crusts won't burn! It's from Pampered Chef and it's fantastic. Plus, when you make the pie shell from scratch, a little bit of your soul dies if it burns because your oven suddenly turns into a supernova.


Light, flaky biscuits that'll change your life.


Blueberry scones
There will probably always be at least one dish on Triple Eff with blueberries. Guys, they're, like, a super fruit.



Vermicelli pasta with zucchini and smoked sausage. It's the easiest thing EVAH and it tastes complicated. WIN! The recipe called for a Dutch oven, but, since I don't have one, I just used my tall Rachael Ray pot.


This concoction is about to be Chili and Potato Casserole. Not really sure why it's called Chili anything since there's no chili in it. But, I don't care, it tasted good!

That's onion, sausage, and chili powder.

After spending some time together in a skillet....

Final product!
I imagine it'll taste even better when we're freezing our faces off in Colorado!


Have a great weekend, Triple Eff'ers!

1 comment:

Mama Hen said...

This post is making me hungry! I do not wear many pretty tops these days. I find myself always reaching for the good old cotton tops that are easy to wash. I used to get all dressed up. I have to start wearing more fancy things. I hope you are well. Have a great weekend!

Mama Hen