Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Night owls.

We don't play outside too much lately because it's so freakin' chilly here! But, yesterday we did because we needed to get outside the casa; it was a decision that resonated throughout the rest of the night.

You guys have probably heard a time or two how we're sleepers in this house. When sleep issues arise, it might as well be armageddon because WHISKEY. TANGO FOXTROT. where'd our sleep go?!?

(maybe not that dramatic, but the alternative's no fun to talk about)

So, when Jake began waking up throughout last night it was a total shock. Until I opened the door to his room just enough to Grinch-slither my way in & saw him crying in his crib. He had a bit of a runny nose from playing outside and it freaked him out that he had trouble breathing.

I picked my giant boy out of his crib, cuddled him into my nook, and rocked him in the rocking chair. I wiped his nose and watched as his little eyes lost sight of me as he fell back asleep. There I sat, for some of the best minutes of my day, watching my boy, draped across me, sleeping soundly as if he were an ittybitty infant again. And, I felt the tears well up in my eyes.

My boy. He may be working on becoming a giant (91st percentile!), just like his daddy, but, I swear, I'll scoop that boy up and lay him across me when he's 10, and for as many years as he'll allow me.

So, last night, our 3 different wake-ups before our final early-morning wake-up, wasn't so bad. I got to have that moment; the moment that reminds you exactly what life is all about.


He'll always be my baby <3

No comments: