Saturday, December 17, 2011

What a difference a year makes.

 As you guys know, I've got rainbows gushing out of me over the fact that the husband is home for this year's holidays! So thankful!

So, we both... together... at the same time... took our tiny squeeze to see Santa last weekend! It was so much better than taking taking Jake solo last year and telling Gary over the phone about it :-)

Last year, Jake and I met up with one of my very favorite people, Angie, and her kiddos for a Santa date and it was completely and totally amazeballs! It was the first time he met Santa and he kicked aces! I remember wanting to cry seeing his face absolutely light up when he saw the tree and all the pretties at the Santa set-up. Total bliss. Do kids just make the holidays incredible or what??

Rhetorical.

I had a bit of nerves that Jake might go all stranger danger on Santa because he's been very aware when he doesn't know someone lately. As in, if a total stranger starts talking to him when we're out, as they often do, he looks up at me with this expression as if to ask, "MOM. What is up with this person? They cool?" Not a terrible trait to possess, but I reallllly didn't want to be the parents who have the screaming kid, leaving all other Santa-see'ers to ask for deafness for Christmas.

We weren't :-)


2010



2011

2 comments:

Erin said...

He is too freakin cute! Look at that smile!

Mama Hen said...

So cute! Happy New Year to you and your family my friend!

Mama Hen