Tuesday, May 1, 2012

12 weeks.


Our Bambino!

 Littlest's heartbeat was in the 170s (time to hit up those Old Wives' Tales!) and due date was pushed back two days to November 14th :-)
This midwife that handled the appointment was absolutely tied-up-with-a-bow perfect. She had a great sense of humor and was totally sweet.  I'd love to see her every single appointment of this pregnancy, but I'm going to make the rounds to all the midwives so I can meet them all because we won't be guaranteed one midwife on baby's birth day. Very, VERY happy with the experience at this hospital so far!!

How far along? 12 weeks
Weight gain: down 2 lbs from pre-pregnancy weight.
Maternity Clothes? Not yet. But, I'm in the awkward period where some of my regular clothes feel so weird, but maternity clothes are way too big. BUT, I am considering getting a pair of maternity lounge pants to wear around the casa just so I can be the mayor of Comfort Town.
Stretch Marks? None new.
Sleep: Fickle. I can either sleep all day every day for the rest of time, or fall asleep around 8:30 and up the next day around 4:30am. And, secret scenario #3 is that I cannot function in the late afternoon. But, the super fun part is, during those afternoons, that when I lay on my back on the couch, my chin can rest on the boulders in my shirt. Those times are fewer and further in between, though; first trimester's almost over!!!
Oh, and big, HUGE thanks to the husband who picks up my slack when I'm the walking dead.
Best moment of the week: Getting the surprise ultrasound last week!!! We thought we were only getting to hear baby's heartbeat via the doppler, so it was such a great surprise :-) But, my absolute favorite part was that Gary was at my appointment with me. He's going to miss much of the pregnancy so being able to hold hands while we watched our baby dance around meant that much more.
Miss anything? Can't say that ah do! Definitely happy my body has, for the most part, adjusted to the hormones and my hair isn't fighting me all the time!
Movement? I swear I have felt thumps, but I know baby's too small.
Food cravings? I still love bagels with my whole heart. But, I'm also really into stronger, or more distinct, flavors: caesar dressing (make without the yogurt and oregano and it's a dream for my taste buds), salsa, green bell peppers....get in my mouth! Oh, and spinach salads with the caesar dresssing. Fughetaboutit. Oh, and don't knock it 'til you try it, but I was looking for a way to get tomatoes into my day, for the vitamin C, so I put 2 slices into a grilled cheese sandwich. ::: dies :::
Food aversions? I wouldn't say there's anything specific; just times where food grosses me out as a whole.
Sex: Don't know and are not finding out this time either! I swear we're having a girl, though :-) And, a lot of my friends are displeased that we're not finding out....sincerest apologies :-)
Labor signs? Nope.
Belly button, in or out? In, and hope it stays in this time, too.
Wedding rings, on or off? On.
Looking forward to: Movement!!!!!!!
 Weekly Wisdom: Just because my prenatally-plumped boobies look delish doesn't mean I enjoy the staring. My eyes are about 8 inches north, thankyouverymuch.

No comments: