Tuesday, August 21, 2012

28 weeks!

3rd Trimester! THIRD TRIMESTER?!

Feeling pretty bombdotcom still :-) Every once in a while my lower back will ache, but I think my workouts have helped to retain my posture.

:: Judo chops gravity ::

And, I still suck at getting decent pictures when I want them. In my defense we were up and headed out the door VERY early....






When I see pics of my belly I'm always shocked at how big it is! I mean, that's the name of the game when you're 7 months pregnant with wee babe numero dos, but I don't feel nearly as pregnant as my belly looks!

pee ess, so my stomach has been developing more freckles this pregnancy, dafuq?!

I am way pumped to meet her. I can't wait to go through labor and delivery and then hold our daughter. But, also? I think I should breathe into a paper bag because Holy Dora she's really coming. And? TWO. KIDS. By muhself.

I've only had those ERMAHGERD!! moments twice this pregnancy, but it comes from a good place, ya know? Like, my excitement to meet her, hold her, and grow our family tickles my insides all the while being all, "HOLY CRAP it's really going to happen!"

Knowwhatuhmean?

How far along? 28 weeks

Weight Gain: 8 lbs

Maternity Clothes? Almost always. Still have a couple pre-pregnancy shirts and bottoms that can work, but the shirts used to be much longer ;-)

Stretch Marks? None new.

Sleep: I feel like I need to bump up the status between sleep and myself from BFFs to straight lovahs. My body feels very relaxed and when I lay down I'm out like a light.

Best Moment of the Week? Having maternity photos done! (Allison Easterling is beyond talented and sweet and understanding. If you're in the Colorado Springs area, snatch her up!). I didn't get them done with Jake because it was all preeclampsia and swelling and late-in-the-pregnancy bedrest, so it was such an amazing experience! And, Jake kissing his "baby dister" :-)

Miss Anything? If you don't know this by now we're fighting. Fine, I'm not a fighter...it rhymes with 'shmooshi'

Movement? Tons! She's an active little girl :-) There was one night I kept waking up and going right back to sleep. I couldn't figure out what the deuce was going on until I woke up for the day because my belly was bouncing around! Pretty much the best kick-you-in-the-pants way to wake up!!

Food Cravings? Smells (especially of onion and Del Taco), green tea frappuccinos (with nonfat milk and no whip--that's where it's at!), and TURKEY.BURGERS.

For lunch, I make myself a turkey burger sandwich that goes like this: grilled turkey burger with a slice of melted cheese, in between wheat bread with a little mayo and a fair amount of mustard on one slice of bread and spread mushed avocado on the other, and then I enjoy the taste-bud-fiesta. :: dies :: Super filling and so healthy. I look forward to lunch every. single. day.

:: finger guns ::

Food Aversions? Peanut butter, sweet potatoes, sharp cheddar cheese

Sex: Girl!!

Labor Signs? Nope. And, if I've been having Braxton Hicks-- I'm sure I have -- I'm unaware of it.

Belly Button, in or out? In

Wedding rings, on or off? On

Looking forward to: The birth! I can only guess what Gary will feel over in Afghanistan when he, out of the blue, gets the Red Cross message that I'm in labor (can you just imagine?!), and I am SO. STOKED. at the possibility of a water birth. I cannot wait to do what my body was intended and then have her placed on my chest. Cannot wait :-)

And, part two:
You guys? There's a strong possibility Gary will be able to skype the birth!!!! Of course we'd rather have him here, but being able to phone-in to your daughter's birth?! Fughetaboutit...

Weekly Wisdom: Crocs are ugly. Forever. No matter what.

No comments: